[Coco] Internet practices (was: I'm back)

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Feb 16 12:18:30 EST 2004

At 09:46 AM 2/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>For this purpose, the only lists that count are SORBS DUL and the
>MAPS-DUL.  The MAPS-DUL needs a manual check by clicking on the link.
>
>http://www.moensted.dk/spam/

I tried my ISP, Bayou.com and although it brought up some references, none
of it meant a thing to me.  I actually know something about networking yet
the meaning of those reports are Greek to me.  I think your ISP should hire
you on as a techie because if you proved their faults then they should be
scared of ya.

With my ISP, you'll never get past the service desk college girl bimbo, and
if you go down there, the boss is never in, but you can sometimes see his
shadow pass from door to door down the hallway.  Check out their web site
by the same domain name and you can see her sitting at the reception desk,
and two kids in the back sitting at terminals.  And these guys are the
biggest.  :)

I remember when the overgrown Bayou.com run by Jerry Scroggins, formerly
known as Jerry Scott, a rock station D.J., was not around, and he ran a
peuny BBS to which I had the honor of calling first and giving it a
test.  Back then, Jerry knew squat about anything while I was writing
protocols, which I remember using to find faults in his own
shareware-aquired cheap protocols that were causing problems on his
BBS.  Mine were to specs and his were shortcut versions, so they wouldn't
talk right sometimes.  I remember when we brought him in on the old Amiga
meetings where we'd meet down at Pizza Inn, pig out on pizza or all meet at
somebody's house to run demos, etc.  My older sister bought Jerry's first
computer, a Tandy 1000, after Jerry decided it was time to upgrade.  This
was about 12 years ago.  Anyway,  somehow over time, "Scroggin Networks"
was born and has since been booming.

With the help of his money and the knowledge of everybody who helped him,
he now owns one of the biggest ISPs in North Louisiana and still
growing.  Ofcourse, now he doesn't know me.  Attempts to contact him result
in "I'll get back with ya's", etc. so I gave up on the idiot.   Also, one
of my web clients told me that Bayou's techies admitted that dial-up
customers are a loss of money now and they are trained to push the
broadband connections, therefore dial-up customers are considered to be
"slow minded people" by the entire Bayou.com crew.  I know this because I
was accidentally sent an a-mail BY JERRY that was meant to go back to a
crew member who forwarded my message to him for review.  It got sent back
to both of us, and included some rather nasty remarks about myself (by the
techie employee) on the fact that I was using dial-up, therefore if I left
them, it would be no loss.  I politely wrote both of them back with
probably my last message Jerry will ever see from me.  I reminded him of a
few things and to count his blessings while he has them.  Yet, I still
remain a customer for some reason.  In our metro, we have probably 15 other
smaller ISPs that don't advertise on the air, so they're kinda hard to
find.  DSL hasn't arrived where I live yet and I won't go to
satelite.  Anyway, Jerry's perfect radio voice is to this day being used to
advertise his own commercials, which drives me nuts knowing he's cheating
the system so much that others never even get the opportunity to be a part
of.  And he speaks with jealously towards all the other ISPs who are trying
to get their part of the pie.  He claims in a tone, "we've been doing it
longer, and we do it better..."   bla bla bla, give me a break!  :)