[Coco] Re: Re: The CoCo Cafe meetings

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Fri Aug 27 16:14:52 EDT 2004

In article <6.1.1.1.0.20040826224044.00ba8108 at pop.bayou.com>, rtaylor at bayou.com says...

>At 05:02 PM 8/26/2004, you wrote:
>>A time stamp in front of each chat room entry would be fine...
>
>Working on it, but it's difficult to inter-adjust for time zones and
>daylight savings time, etc.  The different versions of Javascript also have
>differences, and some browsers have bugs in this area (so I've been
>reading).  The language I use (HLA) also doesn't have any automatic time
>zone calculation that I know of.
>
>Right now, I'm working on the meeting times and dealing with time
>zone/daylight savings time issues.  Can we say, "FUN" ??  :)

Roger, my suggestion would be to ignore the users' time zones and
just use UTC for now - it's the same for everyone across the globe.
Based on last night's chat, I think hours & minutes would be
sufficient.  Something like HHMM: user's text...

-Rodney