[Coco] the XRGB-2+ upscan converter

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 22:49:17 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/24/04 9:40:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RJRTTY at aol.com
writes:

> Heck,
>  there are even adjustments for stuff I know nothing about. (what
>  the heck is "gamma" anyway?).

"Gamma" is the curve that maps incoming levels of gray to actual brightness
levels on the screen.   Usually, it controls how dark the dark areas are.  Many
photo editors have gamma adjustments for fixing up underexposed photos.

This could help the Coco3.  The 2nd level (01) of R, G, and B is pretty dark,
especially the blue.  It was hard for me to tell that color level from 00
(black).  A better mapping of the Coco's four levels of each color would get more
use out of the bottom two levels.

Thanks for all your experimenting, and the great report!  --Mike K.