[Coco] 6809 VHDL cores

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Fri Aug 20 11:35:08 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> One other note on Jeff Kent's work. The VHDL  has  now become
> specific to Xilinx chips. His VHDL code now includes unisim libraries
> that are specific to Xilinx FPGAs. If you wanted to use Altera or
> others then the references to  unisim libraries will  have to be
> rewritten.
>
> While this is not bad, it does make the VHDL code less portable.

Right. Well, there isn't too much difference between the two, as I see it.
Or is there a difference? I guess it's just the tools available, but you
can always go with the open source vhdl compilers and the like.

I just noticed, we have the same first name, and the same first letter of
our last names. I was using JamesD in the coco chat, and I just realized
that that doesn't differentiate that well between the two of us. :)

James