[Coco] Old Coco Info

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Aug 6 12:56:16 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <jdaggett at gate.net>

> Tim
> Originally MS' version of basic were interperter basics. GW Basic
> was a piece of garbage. QBasic is much better and then finally ther
> ewas Quick Basic, MS' first compiler basic.

Actually their first was one they produced for CP/M? with a version for the
Model I. We compiled, "Hello World!" on it. ISTR that it took a very long
time and the compiled version was over 32K! I'm sure Ira has a copy. MS
later came out with a modified version (where have we heard that before?)
which was a little better.

Neil

---