[Coco] was: CoCo RGB to VGA [...]

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Aug 20 04:50:59 EDT 2004

Wow, looks like I started a very big thread :-). Thanks for the
discussion (although noone commented the information given at
http://www.2k1.co.uk/products/averlogic/www1/AL250/ e.g. the complete
almost "CoCo ready" design at
http://www.2k1.co.uk/products/averlogic/www1/AL250/AL875_250.pdf nor the
data sheets at http://www.averlogic.com/password/AL875_Data_Sheets.PDF
and http://www.averlogic.com/password/AL250_251_Data_Sheets.PDF )

Thinking a little more about that I guess we *don't* need DEINTERLACING
because if there's a difference between two 50/60Hz frames it's
obviously intention and not an artifact effect of motion. Actually I
guess the CoCo outputs kind of 50/60Hz, 240 lines PROGRESSIVE video.
Applying any deinterlacing algorithm to this non interlaced material
would lead to unwanted effects (read more about that at
http://www.100fps.com/ ).

This means the AL250 device might be to "sophisticated" for what we
need.

Just my thoughts for that second.

Torsten