[Coco] RSDOS TRACEON

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 03:06:15 EDT 2004

> She writes code in DECB and when she is debugging she uses the TRACEON
> command. Her problem is that it scrolls by so fast that she can't use it's
> output very well. Is there a way to have that output go to a printer?

Is this on a CoCo3? If so, I've been using ON ERR, ERNO and ERLIN to generate
logfiles on disk. I also have a data file that can be read by the error trap to
translate the codes into English - used in Color FOG debugging - Hires graphics
errors can be a real PITA to debug!

I also have a short basic program for ECB that will drop the user straight into
the edit command at the exact location of the error. (Press Q to exit EDIT and
preserve variables)

Somewhere I could swear I have a stepper patch for the TRON routine. This
sounds like a good choice here, but haven't located it yet.

-Bob