[Coco] CASM Cross Assembler V3.0 Alpha

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Fri Apr 9 14:26:43 EDT 2004

At 02:06 PM 4/9/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>I did get both unions and namespaces implemented last night although it
>uses a different syntax for the namespaces. I decided to use a single
>colon to separate the namespaces allowing scoping with a single colon at
>the beginning to denote the base namespace. Unfortunately there is not
>support yet for cascading unions, structs, and namespace declarations
>and I'm debating whether or not it's useful or makes the source too
>confusing to look follow.
>
>I found the raw/includebin feature to be most useful when I was working
>on GR2K. Although I kept the sprites, tiles, and sound effects external
>several other files were included as raw binary.

I assumed your -raw option was meant to assemble the file as pure code and
not a LOADMable file with origin headers, etc.

CCASM's -nr option (no records) does just that.  Any reserved memory
(RMB's) are converted to filler data.

Portal-9 lets you choose from a drop-down listbox what format to assemble
files in...
  multi-record (LOADMable, multiple ORGs)
  single-record (LOADMable, but only one ORG)
  no records (ROM-like image, any size)

If you can give me the options that your assembler might use for supporting
those formats, I can have Portal-9 working with it in a matter of
minutes.  I already have the -bin to equal multi-record, and -raw to equal
no-records, but that was just from guessing.

Thanks, Chet.