[Coco] floppy controller & L1

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 12:38:05 EDT 2004

In a message dated 4/6/04 12:26:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
idezilla at yahoo.com writes:

> Somewhere in my files I have the source to
>  "Newdisk" that I used on L1.

Newdisk is a TERRIFIC addition to L1.  Unlike the neutered Tandy driver,
Newdisk actually follows the track and side info in the device descriptors, and
can handle DS-40 or DS-80 drives without any patches.

And it's SMALLER than Tandy's L1 stocker!

However, I never heard of a no-halt version of Newdisk.  But it should
operate your Sardis controller just fine in the usual HALT mode.  --Mike K.