Jim Sutemeier - Was: [Coco] TC70

David dbree at duo-county.com
Fri Oct 24 16:50:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 12:00:03AM -0700, Dean Leiber wrote:
> I don't suppose there is anyone out there with a TC70? I have one which I
> want to get running again and what I need is a copy of the system disks
> (esp. Gwindows stuff.) Some of the system disks were lost before I got
> the machine.  If anyone has them, drop me a line. I know its really a
> long shot since very few of them were even made.
>
> Just for a bit of history, this machine used to belong to Jim Sutemeier
> (anyone remember Sirius software?) and then to Alan Sheltra (remember the
> OS-9 Underground magazine?)

Yep.. still have almost all of the issues.

> and I inherited it so to speak a while ago
> when Alan went all Mac. I'm not sure if it was ever posted to the list,
> but jim passed away suddenly in the late nineties.

I'm really sorry to hear that!  I communicated with him for quite some
time back in the 90's.  From his communication, he seemed to be a quite
decent person.  As a matter of fact, my mind, too, was on him just
before I read this message.

I remember when he got this computer.

> I guess all the talk
> about MM/1s reminded me of him and the TC70. That was the first OSK
> machine I ever saw, back during the heyday of Coco OS-9, and I was
> impressed by how fast it was. Jim sold a few utility programs for Coco
> OS-9 and OSK,

Yes, and I think he wrote a few articles, too.. for Underground and
maybe some others..