[Coco] TC70

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 22:20:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/24/03 3:02:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
adit at 1stconnect.com writes:

> I don't suppose there is anyone out there with a TC70? I have one which I
>  want to get running again and what I need is a copy of the system disks
>  (esp. Gwindows stuff.) Some of the system disks were lost before I got
>  the machine.  If anyone has them, drop me a line. I know its really a
>  long shot since very few of them were even made.

The TC70 is very compatible with the MM/1, and will probably run all the MM/1
apps and maybe even many device drivers.  You may have to zap device
descriptors for different I/O addresses.

At one of the Coco Fests in the hoary glory days, I took a floppy of my
latest MM/1 UltiMusE (a VERY comprehensive program in terms of working over the
hardware and OS/K), walked over to the Frank Hogg booth, and asked if they'd let
me try to bring it up on their demo TC-70.  Naturally they were eager to show
that they could run anything the MM/1 could, so in went my disk.

It worked perfectly, mouse and all, except (1) the display was white on black
background, since the TC70 lacked the palette color table chip of the MM/1,
and (2) they had no MIDI interface available, so I couldn't hear the music
play, though I could edit the sheet music scores on the screen just fine.

(Yes, I made darn sure not to leave my floppy behind, nor a copy on their HD).

Anyway, the '70 seemed like a solid machine.  Good luck with yours.
--Mike K.