[Coco] Cloud-9 CompactFlash to IDE question.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Oct 21 19:34:01 EDT 2003

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Since those "drawers" have a key fob driven switch to remove the power
> before the case can be removed or inserted, I'd think it would work
> ok.  I think I'd try it first with the smallest, cheapest CF card you
> can get though, until its been done enough times to prove it will
> work.

The CompUSA unit key switch is just a mechanical switch.  It does not
matter what position that you leave it in.

The pull handle is a lever that disconnects all the electrical
connections at the same time.  As long as there is no I/O going on, as
far as the drive is concerned it should be the same as if someone pulled
a power switch.

But before I tried it, I wanted to see what other's experiences where.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only