[Coco] Re: bio

David dbree at duo-county.com
Tue Oct 21 09:50:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:52:38AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2003 02:24, Bill Cousert wrote:
> >Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote: At 08:13 PM 10/20/2003 -0700,
> you wrote:

> But now I have an instant problem.  I came home, downloaded and
> installed all the updated packages for the period I was gone, and now
> the only thing I can print correctly is the cups test page.  Mozilla
> 1.5 and kmail 1.52 are both printing light grey, full bleed sheets of
> paper instead of what you sent, even for pure text.  This is RH-8.0,
> with kde-3.1.1a (super nice).  Booted Kernel is 2.4.22-rc2, and all
> this worked before I left 2 months ago.

What version of CUPS?  I've just upgraded to 1.1.19 on my Debian system,
and notice that the "-p" option for lpr doesn't seem to work (although
lpr -oprettyprint still works)..  I don't think I've tried a printout
from moz or anything yet

Umm..  did you check your setup to see that it hasn't changed?  I mean,
using lpadmin or xpp or whatever..

> I do much of my bill-paying online, and I like to print the bank
> statements for my records when I'm done, so this is a bummer.

I've not yet worked up courage to do this or make an online order..
still kinda timid about this  :-)