[Coco] Re: bio

Bob Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 23:14:11 EDT 2003

Bob Emery, age 37, living in North Texas

Got my first computer, a 32k Extended Basic F-board for Christmas of
1982, glad to discover it already had 64K! Couldn't afford a disk drive
for about two years. Finally got a 300 baud modem in '85 and quickly
ran up a $600 Compuserve bill... DOH! Got a CoCo3 around '87.

I always loved typing in programs and then modifying them. Never had
anything published though. Spent endless hours at my CoCo playing &
programming while listening to my Rush records.

Currently working on Color FOG, a GUI CoCo3 file manager primarily for
HDBDOS, in anticipation of getting lost in over 250 virtual floppy
drives. Work slowed for a while, but it's back on the front burner now
and looking good I must say. I think my favorite feature will be FOG
files, which the best way I can explain it will be like
hyper-directories... launchable links to files spread out on various
drives, but listed in a single "virtual directory" data file with a
.FOG extension (File Organizer Group). Hopefully I can call this my
CoCo claim to fame... for what that's worth.

Oh, I also ported the game "Dang It!" (playable on Brad Grier's CoCo
emulator) to a PC database program as a form. When you open the form in
your database, it plays just like the old CoCo version, and went over
pretty well on the Alpha Five (the database program) user forum, and
even got me published in a book about Alpha Five (my name in the
credits and the game included on the accompanying CD - Woohoo!)

That's it for now, keep the faith people!
-Bob Emery