[Coco] Re: bio

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Oct 21 01:50:00 EDT 2003

At 08:13 PM 10/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Bob Emery, age 37, living in North Texas
>
>Got my first computer, a 32k Extended Basic F-board for Christmas of
>1982, glad to discover it already had 64K! Couldn't afford a disk drive
>for about two years. Finally got a 300 baud modem in '85 and quickly
>ran up a $600 Compuserve bill... DOH! Got a CoCo3 around '87.

Bob,

I remember being tickled pink when I upgraded to 64k, found out I couldn't
touch it, then magically one day I discovered the ALL-RAM code that would
copy the ROMs into RAM and allow you to patch the system code.  Not only
that, but you could optionally just store stuff in the extra 32k which
stayed "hidden" by the overlaying ROMs, but was still there.  Those were
the days.