[Coco] [Color Computer] RS-DOS C Compiler anywhere??

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 22:44:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/16/03 3:26:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
giffunip at yahoo.com writes:

> I'm wondering if such a product/project ever existed. I know there
>  are K&R C and Pascal compilers for OS-9 but I would like compilers
>  for RSDOS. Anyone knows if the exist and where to find them?

Way back in the early '80s there was Dugger's Growing Systems C, but it was
terribly stripped down -- no structures, for example.  Floating what?  I think
we once heard from someone on the List who had actually used it, but don't
quote me on that.

There was another one, too, but I disremember its name.

Since I had OS-9 early on, I had no need to duke it out with RSDOS C
compilers.   Finding the "misfeatures" in OS-9 C was fun enough for me :-)

FWIW, C's I/O library assumes a certain amount of OS support out there, maybe
more than RSDOS was able to give.  --Mike K.