[Coco] Re: Bio

James Ross jr at webross.com
Tue Oct 14 20:58:01 EDT 2003

James Ross

Age 39. Born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil.  Parents were
missionaries there for 31 years. Bought the CoCo 4K edition in '81,
upgraded it to 64K a year or two later, an Apple IIe (the Brazilian
version - TK3000) around '85, a CoCo 3 in '88 when I moved to the US
permanently, a PC XT Turbo in '89, a 386SX in '93 and today I have 7
working PC's.  Learned to program on the CoCo in BASIC and then later
Assembly Language.  It is what landed me my first job as a programmer
in 93.

Claim to fame (if you can call it that):  The RAINBOW published a
program I wrote in BASIC09 called scrollf or something like that, and
a one-liner called Typing Practice or Teacher, can't remember!  I
still would like to do some grand CoCo related project, if I can ever
find the time.  Have an idea, but will leave that for another post.

Claim to dishonor: I sent a semifinished game written in Assembly to
T&D (the monthly disc subscription) and he gave me one year
subscription and 12 or 18 back issues for it. I never finished that
game. I think he contacted me once about it.  I had good intentions of
finishing it and later I thought I would look him up and pay him for
the disks and I never did that either.  SO .... Does anyone know who
the T&D owner is / was?

Big time booboo: to make my first post in blc in '98 proclaiming the
CoCo was dead! I've never gotten over the flames I got for that! :)
hehe!

JR