[Coco] re: Bio

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Oct 14 01:20:00 EDT 2003

OK, why not :)

Jim Cox
Age: 45
More nay then gray, but no beard :)
Lived in Seattle area all my life.  Currently live in
Bellevue where I have neighbors who make the Osborne's
look like the Cleavers.

*First CoCo,which I still have, was a 16K Gray Case that I
upgraded to 64K.  Used that all through college (AAS in
Electronics) and to help my no defunked mail-order
business (sold D&D stuff)  This machine  was replaced by
an Atari ST and to be honest, that's where I sort of took
a detour I regret.
*I then moved to a 386 and for a long time forgot about
the CoCo until a supervisor at work got me interested
again.  The system I was working on at the time was a 6809
based Flight Navigation system with three ARINC Ports and
three proprietary RS422 style ports.  Memory was orginally
a bubble memory system, but that was replaced by a CMOS
system.
* I then picked up a CoCo-3 and started a OS-9 group in
the area.  Strange thing though, everyone who replied to
the add in the free computer paper didn't want to join the
group, they just wanted to give me stuff.  In the past,
the GCC and some list members have benefitted by the
freebies I gave away.  I also was given a MMIB that I gave
to Chris Spry.  I now wish I had kept it, they sound like
fun.  Thanks to Bob Devries though, I may be able to use
my ST as an OS-9 system.  Thanks Bob :)
* For reasons I won't go into, just haven't had the time
until now to start organizing stuff and get going.  As a
lot of you know I've had some false starts.
* My CoCo claim to fame, the OS-9 group that turned into a
CoCo rescue service and asking a lot of questions on the
list.
* I have several Windows 2K boxes and some Linux/BSD
boxes, plus some CoCo-2's and 3's.
* Currently work as an Engineering Tech.
* Hobbies: CoCo's, Astronomy, Robotics, Linux/BSD and
working with SETI at Home/BOINC, and making excuses for never
having enough time to do all this.
* Goals: Would like to use the CoCo and the stuff I
aquired to relearn assmebly and move into embedded systems
programming.
* Guess another claim to fame is the longest bio on this
list yet :)

BTW, thanks to everyone on this list for answering
questions and for just chatting at times too.  Cheers!

Jim