[Coco] Re: Bio

William Astle lost at l-w.net
Tue Oct 14 22:46:00 EDT 2003

I figure I might as well stroll onto the bio bandwagon here.

I'm William Astle and I was born in Lac La Biche, Alberta on November 21,
1976, My family moved around a fair bit when I was young so I never really
put down a lot of roots, but we stayed in Alberta the whole time so I
guess "home" would be "Alberta". Rather a big place to call "home" but,
hey, it works. I'm currently living in Calgary, Alberta as a "Technical
Guru" for an internet company.

I got started with a 32K CC1 when Dad thought it would be cool to get a
computer. I worked my way through the "Getting Started With Color Basic"
book and then the "Going Ahead With Extended Color Basic" book and was
actually writing simple programs when I was 10 years old. I even started
in with assembly language with EDTASM+ on ROM at about that time. I
believe I can honestly credit my current career to having tinkered with
the CC at that early age.

Eventually, I ended up with a CC3 which ultimately got upgraded to 512K
with a dual floppy system. However, living in what a lot of people might
term "the middle of nowhere" when it came to being able to obtain
anything, I was never able to get much past a basic system and by the time
I was somewhere reasonable and had the financial resources to actually do
anything, my favourite computer was "on the way out".

I did write a number of articles which I submitted to CFDM. I also
submitted a few of my programs, one of which is a disassembler.

Due to rather a lot of drains on my time, I've had to leave my coco setup
relatively alone. It has not been forgotten, however.

I'm currently looking forward to the long awaited Superboard from Cloud9.

Oh yes, for the arithmetically challenged among us, I'll be 27 in about
a month. And for the geographically challenged, I'm Canadian.

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?