[Coco] Cutting Cord

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:00:00 EDT 2003

> OK, this brings up an interesting idea.  I'd like to see a snapshot bio on
>  each of us members of Dennis' new list, including age, when you got
>  interested in the Coco, your Coco "claim-to-fame", other hobbies, etc.

 Name: Rogelio Perea
Age: 36
* Started with TRS-80 Model I & III computers in early '80s while in
technical school, got exposed to CoCo 1 in microprocessors programming
course. It's fine graphics capabilities hooked me big-time after being
accustomed to use the blocky ones in the TRS-80s.
* Got 1st CoCo (well, it was a friend's) in 1983 64k F Board beige case
melted keys.
* Did many Basic programs, several databases for family and friends.
* Bought a Coco3 setup in 1988 (128k CoCo, FD502 drive, CM8 monitor and
DMP105 printer) while in engineering school to avoid the hassle of computer
time at the school's lab. Self upgraded to 512k soon after to better use VIP
Writer III bought along with the hardware.
* Got into OS9 as soon as Deskmate hit the shelf, probably was (and still am
I guess) the one and only user of this great system in my area (Nogales
Arizona)
* Bought a complete MC-10 setup as soon as the Shack got'em on sale. The
little computer made its rounds in school for use in the Numerical Analysis
course.
* Claim to Fame: Got published in the fledgling Metamorphosis magazine back
in the early 90's. Also saw a few articles published in Glenside's CoCo~123
mag.
* Other hobbies: Playing drums, guitar, keyboard and making music with the
computer (everything from the CoCo to an Intel based laptop is used for
this!).