[Coco] Cutting Cord

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 20:18:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/13/03 12:08:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ostro011 at umn.edu writes:

> OK, this brings up an interesting idea.  I'd like to see a snapshot bio on
>  each of us members of Dennis' new list, including age, when you got
>  interested in the Coco, your Coco "claim-to-fame", other hobbies, etc.

Name: Mike Knudsen
Age: 59
Started with a KIM-1 computer in late '70s.
Got 1st Coco, graycase Model 1, in late 1983, 16K Ext Color Basic.
Self-upgraded to 64K.
Did lots of fun assembly and BASIC music and graphics.
Bought a Coco3 the week they hit the stores.
Bought the first copy of OS9 Level 2 in my county (W. of Chicago), and every
language and feature that Tandy sold for it.
First to own an MM/1 (prototype) -- still have a later model MM/1 running.

Claim to Fame: Wrote the UltiMusE music composing and playing program, and
other MIDI software, later ported the stuff to the MM/1.   For many years,
KalaSoft (Second City Software) under Ed Hathaway sold UltiMusE, which has been
freeware for quite a while now.  Now have UltiMusE on LINUX.

For my music compositions and other hobbies, check out
http://members.aol.com/knudsenmj/myhomepage/index.html

--Mike K.