[Coco] 6309 microproccessor project*

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Sat Oct 11 16:18:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I like to update my description of my new enhanced instructions for context switches. The way it works is you create a context switch and get back a context handle. With the handle you can switch contexts. A context is the 6309 cpu registers and it's dedicated 64K address space. The context system consist of up to four slave 6309 processors with their own dedicated 64K address space. You can manipulate them the way you'd like from your programs just by using a enhanced instruction. I'm still working on this interface. Plus I still have to work on the interface for the win32 kernel functions; such as OpenFile, ReadFile, WriteFile, SeekFilePointer, and CloseFile.

More to come later;

John Collyer.