[Coco] News gateways

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Oct 10 15:08:01 EDT 2003

At 03:01 PM 10/10/03 -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>Using news.gmane.org, the group gmane.comp.sys.coco is available, along
>with several other possible names.

I've requested gmane.comp.coco to keep it easy, and am waiting to hear.

>Since all the people who are currently using bit.listserv.coco need to
>do is point their newsreaders at news.gmane.org in addition to their
>local news server.

Correct. I've explored how it works, and it looks pretty good. They have
very good spam filtering and, apparently, a short fuse about it. :)

I can also gate outgoing to a newsgroup (a regular newsgroup). But the
people I've explored with don't want bit.listserv.coco, but are exploring
comp.sys.tandy.

So here's how it looks -- *still* need to confirm!
Bidirectional with gmane.comp.coco
List to news only with comp.sys.tandy

Still working! Not yet fixed! Don't yell at me yet! :)

Dennis