[Coco] News gateways

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 15:28:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/10/03 3:02:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wb8tyw at qsl.net
writes:

> > I believe comp.sys.6809 would be the wrong group to target for
>  > expansion.
>
>  Not without an invitation from an overwhelming majority of it's current
>  users.

Actually, comp.sys.m6809 was often cross-posted to with Coco postings
relating to 6809 assembly programming, peripherals, and other things that weren't
strictly Coco (like how to beat Dod :-).  At least I know this was the case way
back before there were any "bit" newsgroups.

I would guess that most of our current Coco traffic (new OS-9 versions,
emulators) would be welcome there.  As for Coco I/O addresses, well, we'd maybe
have to skip some GIMIX hardware data ourselves.

As for a new gmane Coco newsgroup, I figure I could call in on my ISP, remain
online, then run raw IE and point it at the gmane server.  But in general I
wold stick to the email reflectors like maltedmedia.  --Mike K.