[Coco] ftp.maltedmedia

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Nov 17 09:04:00 EST 2003

At 01:40 AM 11/17/03 -0600, Roger Taylor wrote:
>This sounds great.  What if I prefix all IDE files with something like
>"portal9" or "p9" so that it would even be easier to know what needs to be
>placed in the directory?  This would save you even more time from not
>having to read any instruction e-mails, I am guessing.

That would be great -- the most helpful thing.

>If filenames can be over the 8.3 limit

They can for me. It's a Unix (FreeBSD) server, so it doesn't especially
care what you call things.

>Portal-9 would
>check the ftp directory and report to the user if a new version is
>available, or perhaps if there are new IDE projects available?

Good. The download directories are anonymous FTP, so they wouldn't restrict
Portal-9 scanning them.

>Ofcourse, the same thing can be done by the user just zipping up a project
>folder and placing it online.  Anyone could download it, unzip it to their
>#:\Portal-9\Projects\ folder and go in and build it right away.

I'm a project date freak, in the names. So my musical projects have names
like "liquidbirds-20031113-v173.cwp". When I zip up the complete project
drafts, they go onto CD (now DVD) with relatively complete names of the
zipped files and folders.

Dennis