[Coco] Banking ROMS (was-6309 microprocessor project: 11-01-2003)

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun Nov 2 00:42:01 EST 2003

Steve Bjork,

I have admired your CoCo accomplishments since the beginning of my CoCo days.

Now, dern it... how did you create the "We Gotcha!" vocals in your Mega-Bug
game?!  :)  I hacked that game when I was about 17 years old and discovered
a sort of compressed format, where the values were delays between speaker
clicks, I think.  Anyway, I've always wanted to know that.

changing the subject a tad..

I have created what I believe is the ultimate CoCo assembly programmer's
dream.  I'm currently calling it Portal-9.  Windows is required.  Most
EDTASM source code is supported.

Tonight I finally got to the point where I can build my Projector
multiviewer system (a quite modular disk program), with *one click*.  Some
35+ source components are wizzed through automatically, spitting out what
is needed for the floppy disk image; everything is copied over to it in
exactly the right format and type; it's mounted in M.E.S.S., and you are
ready to type LOADM "P3" and go.  ROM Paks start up and run
automatically.  Ofcourse, emulation features are optional at any time.

It's quite amazing.   I will probably be releasing a demo version sometime
this coming week or earlier.

Cheers