[Coco] Embedded CoCo

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Tue Dec 23 15:15:29 EST 2003

Frank
Thanks for the input.
I think what most of us envisioned was not an expansion board
for the coco, but a small(physically) embedded 6809 board
similar to coco. We then could use a real coco to develop
software/firmware in Rom/Prom/Eprom and then plug that chip
into the "Mini-Coco". Also we could use a real fullsize board
coco motherboard with keyboard removed as a testing version
of the embedded one until programming is complete befor we
transfer to the "Mini-Coco".

Flash-prom? Yes Yes Yes!!
An 8k byte Flash Bios in the "mini-Coco".
It would be "really cool" to be able to Flash the bios and
also to Change the decoding scheme in the address decoder
PLD. Isn't that what "Field Programmable" means?

How about an expansion area for additional PIA's and/or
PPI's, VIA's etc..

Keep those ideas coming.
Eric