[Coco] Embedded CoCo

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Dec 23 16:35:18 EST 2003

The stackable card format sounds like a wise choice. That would also
make it open for specialized I/O options.

A touch screen would be nice for a "glass dash", but cost and more
complicated circuits/controller would be a problem, as well as
fingerprints! "I'm sorry officer, I couldn't tell how fast I was going,
there's a chocolate fingerprint over the speed and..."

I think some of the TV screens available for in-vehicle DVD players have
composite inputs, don't they? Wouldn't produce an 80 column screen, of
course, but should be enough resolution for what I would want. Heck, I
could just have a number in different locations with a label -- for all
that matter I could use one of the new tape type lable makers and stick
labels on the screen. Want large numbers for the speed though.

--
Frank Swygert -- Gulfport, MS
Publisher, "American Independent Magazine" (AIM)