[Coco] CoCo's video future?

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 15:37:28 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/18/2003 01:53:31 AM, jimcox at miba51.com writes:

<< the types of monitors that the

CoCo uses are becoming rarer. >>

Not only becoming rarer, but the ones which can still be found are now old
enough
to show some signs of aging, such as the ability to autosync between Coco rgb,
vga, and svga, if the capability existed when new.  When autosync ability
fails,
sometimes an internal adjustment can be used to sync to a specific frequency
but
requires some cabinet disassembly.  Ideally, the problem ciruit should be
fixed.

I have several extra NEC monitors such as Multisync I, II, & 3d/s  which are
showing signs of autosync failure.  I'd take a shot at repair, but so far
haven't found
any tips for doing so, or even schematics.

-ph