[Coco] 1702 monitor

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat May 19 14:00:24 EDT 2018

>> On Saturday 19 May 2018 08:48:21 Wayne Campbell wrote:
>>
>>> Where did the notion of commodore being the enemy come from? I never
>>> heard of such a thing.
With due respect to Gene's response, my point was that back int he day,
if you were a <computer manufacturer> enthusiast, there was always a
playful (or maybe not so playful) skepticism around <any other computer
manufacturer> machines.

In some respects, there was some validity to it.  Game developers would
target platforms that had lots of sales opportunities and they had
limited time, but sales opportunities depended on game titles for a
machine.  Thus, as a zero sum game, the only way to boost the popularity
of your platform and get the game designers on board was to make the
other platforms looks uninteresting by comparison.

At least, that was the teenage thought process back in day :-)

Jim