[Coco] Recommendations for a good monitor (RGB input) for CoCo 3?

Scott Wendt malfunct at msn.com
Fri Apr 27 17:57:12 EDT 2018

It is important to remember that what is called RGB wasn't really a standard but instead a description of the output that indicated the Red, Blue and Green signals were sent separately. Each computer had its own special way of encoding it. Analog vs Digital, composite sync vs horizontal and vertical sync or even sync on green. There is also the horizontal sync rate, most of the 8bit era sync a signal at around 15khz and modern monitors were built with a 31khz minimum based on VGA's sync rates.