[Coco] Hello and does anyone remember DFT?

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 11 16:47:24 EST 2016

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.  I’m new to the CoCo scene and I’m afraid you lost me when you said "it is located at 31-055, 28-011 and 27-033.” Where do I find this archive?  Or is there a copy of this program archived somewhere that Guillaume Major is in charge of?  If so do you have an email for Guillaume Major?

I just found this advertisement in an Old Hot CoCo magazine (July 1983, page 47) of the program I’m searching for, it might help:

COLOR DIRECT FILE TRANSFER
Tape version $24.95 Disk version $29.95

Now a program for the Color Computer that allows you to download basic programs from
Bullet-80 systems. It will also send and receive prog rams from other Color Computers, Model
I's and Model I l l's.
Direct File Transfer (DFT) is a modem program which will handle the direct uploading and
downloading of machine language, word processor files, text files, and basic programs
directly to tape or disk with no conversion necessary. It is the program you must have to
download from any Bullet 80 system. DFT also has a chat mode, and has software controlled
half and/or full duplex.

Thanks again,
Glen