[Coco] Wildcatting and the RGB2VGA

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sat Mar 19 14:59:42 EDT 2016

Cocodemus <retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to call RGB from basic to set the correct pallete. By default its set
> to CMP

I just tried this, and you are correct.

I started the CoCo with the Wildcatting pak in slot one and the MPI
switched to slot two.

I entered the following command into BASIC:

PALETTE RGB

Then POKEd the MPI to switch to slot one:

POKE 65407,0

Then the Program Pak auto started and the "oil field" colors were
correct. Thanks!

Were the colors also incorrect when using an RGB monitor, like the CM-8?

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright