[Coco] ok i am learning but not fast enough

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Feb 18 20:34:43 EST 2016

On Thursday 18 February 2016 12:19:18 Tormod Volden wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I found it and built it.  Assuming I can get it moved to hdb-dos
> > disk 0, how do I go about adding it to the boot menu I am presented
> > with? hdbdos is 1.1a iirc.  And, which of the dw4_cc3.* files do I
> > need?  make apparently made them all asI now have quite a list:
>
> Do not use the dw4* files! They are for DW turbo speed (experimental
> feature in DW4, hence the name I suppose). Everybody should use the
> dw3* files, regardless of the DriveWire server software they are
> using.

Thanks for the heads up.

> Obviously, the .rom files are for ROM: The _mb_ ones for replacing the
> motherboard ROM (bye BASIC!), and the _dsk_ ones for replacing the ROM
> in a disk controller.
>
> The .bin files are DECB binaries, simply copy them to a DECB floppy.
> Well, simply, that depends...
>
> The .trk files are boot track files that can be written to track 34 on
> floppies so that the RSDOS DOS command will launch DWDOS from the
> floppy. Somebody might have a good use case for that.

How about using it instead of bttemp in a mb script?  Interesting
concept.  What rel module is in them? 32/40/80? I normally use rel_80,
which might be related to my memory problems. That would obviously need
more memory than the 32.

> _cc1, _cc2 and _cc3 don't need explanation :)

Obviously ;)

Thanks Tormod.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)