[Coco] ok i am learning but not fast enough

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:19:18 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I found it and built it.  Assuming I can get it moved to hdb-dos disk 0,
> how do I go about adding it to the boot menu I am presented with?
> hdbdos is 1.1a iirc.  And, which of the dw4_cc3.* files do I need?  make
> apparently made them all asI now have quite a list:

Do not use the dw4* files! They are for DW turbo speed (experimental
feature in DW4, hence the name I suppose). Everybody should use the
dw3* files, regardless of the DriveWire server software they are
using.

Obviously, the .rom files are for ROM: The _mb_ ones for replacing the
motherboard ROM (bye BASIC!), and the _dsk_ ones for replacing the ROM
in a disk controller.

The .bin files are DECB binaries, simply copy them to a DECB floppy.
Well, simply, that depends...

The .trk files are boot track files that can be written to track 34 on
floppies so that the RSDOS DOS command will launch DWDOS from the
floppy. Somebody might have a good use case for that.

_cc1, _cc2 and _cc3 don't need explanation :)

Regards,
Tormod