[Coco] RGBDOS, HDBDOS, and key repeat

Barry Nelson Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Feb 12 16:18:49 EST 2016

Well, unless I am mistaken, my HDBDOS rom is 8K, and there is room for 16k, so it should fit. How can I splice this in? Also, I have had some issues getting HDBDOS running on my CoCo 1, what is the right rom to use there? Also, if I didn’t mind the slower speed, could I run the same HDBDOS rom for a CoCo 1 on a CoCo 3?

>        Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20RGBDOS%2C%20HDBDOS%2C%20and%20key%20repeat&In-Reply-To=%3C56BE402C.4010900%40att.net%3E>
Fri Feb 12 15:27:24 EST 2016

>        Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

Ø  Brett, according to the hdbdos source, Flexi-key, which is the same utility used for key repeat in rgbdos, is located at the very end of hdbdos.
>         >I can't seem to find the key repeat sequence in the the flexikey code (I may
>         be missing something), so it may have been removed to make
>         >room for all different drive formats.
>         >
Ø  Bill Pierce

>         Guys,

>         Here is the answer. HDBDOS is based on RGBDOS (RGB Computer Systems) sold with
>         Ken-Ton hard drive systems. Both contain Flexi-key by Colin Stearman.
>         RGBDOS for emulators is also based on RGBDOS but has extra code that I added.

>         The repeat key code within RGBDOS for emulators may have been in the original
>         article by Colin Stearman (which I can't find) but it was not within the
>         Flexi-key section of RGBDOS or HDBDOS.
>         There may or may not have been room in HDBDOS for this extra code.

>         KREP     tst     >KEYREP
Ø  beq X@
Ø  LDX #KEYBUF
>         A@       LDA     ,X+