[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:34:44 EST 2015

There is no additional overhead for the CoCo after the AY (or whatever)
has done it’s part and the signal is put on the SND IN line at the cart port.

It’s all analog from there.  The cart port sound in line is then mixed with
the DAC output at the DAC in the case of the CoCo 2/3, or at the
MC14529B (between the DAC and the modulator) in the case of the
CoCo1.

Nothing would really be gained by a separate jack on the cart except
another output jack, one that would be missing whatever the DAC would
have contributed to the signal.

This is my understanding from the schematics, data sheets, etc.

- Ed