[Reynolds-L] Slides and Videos from Presentation at RFA Reunion 2018

Tommy Reynolds tommyjoereynolds at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:56:32 EDT 2018

It was great to get together with so many Reynolds cousins last weekend for
the Reynolds Family Association reunion! Thanks to all those who invested
time in organizing and attending.

Attached, you will find PDF versions of the three presentations I gave at
this event--all on the topic of "The Reynolds Surname Project and YDNA
Testing". The first presentation covers general background for those with
limited YDNA experience. The second offers suggestions to members of the
YDNA project for understanding and making the most of their Reynolds YDNA
results. The third presentation covers two recommended strategies that
anyone can employ to use YDNA to advance their own Reynolds family history
research. The third presentation includes a couple of case studies to
demonstrate application.

Joe video recorded the sessions. You can access the videos on the RFA
website <https://www.reynoldsfamily.org/> by clicking on the YouTube link
on the left side of the screen. One of the YouTube videos includes the
first presentation. A second video includes presentation #2 and #3. A third
video includes an excerpt from presentation #3 on "The Future of the
Reynolds Surname Y DNA Project".

If you are not yet an RFA member, I highly recommend you join. Info on
doing so is available here <https://www.reynoldsfamily.org/join.php>. The
cost is just $20/year and it's the glue that keeps Reynolds family history
researchers coordinated. Also, if you have not YDNA tested someone on your
Reynolds line, you should consider doing so. As you'll see in the
presentations, we're doing some exciting things in the project and the more
Reynoldses that participate the better the results will be for everyone.
FTDNA should begin their holiday sale in mid November.

If you have questions about the presentation, testing, or anything related
to the project, please be in touch.

Tommy Joe Reynolds
Volunteer Administrator
Reynolds Surname YDNA Project