[Reynolds-L] Robert Reynolds from England Genealogy Interest Group

Jim Reynolds jreynold at hbci.com
Tue Aug 15 17:32:32 EDT 2017

Greetings RFA Members:

I am a new member to the RFA and am interested in connecting via email with other members who may be researching the Robert Reynolds (from England about 1630-34) line. Specifically, I am interested in sharing genealogical research (and documentation) with others investigating the origins of Robert Reynolds in England. Robert, with his wife Mary and at least five children  (Ruth, Tabitha, Nathaniel, Sarah and Mary), emigrated from England to Boston, MA (or perhaps Charlestown) around 1630-34. Additional information about Robert’s background will be shared upon request (see below my signature for some of the sources already searched). Please email me if you have and would like to share information and/or collaborate on genealogical research in this connection. Thanks.

 Jim

James R. Reynolds

4455 West 7th St.

Winona, Minnesota, 55987

jreynold at hbci.com <mailto:jreynold at hbci.com>

Selected sources consulted regarding the origins of Robert Reynolds in England:

            1. M. Reynolds, “The History and Some of the Descendents of Robert and Mary Reynolds  (1630? -1931) of Boston, MA,” Reynolds Family Assn.: Brooklyn, NY, 1931, pp.1-37.

            2. www.reynoldsfamily.org/line12/robert1.html <http://www.reynoldsfamily.org/line12/robert1.html> for a chapter edited by Susan R. Clement, Reynolds Family Assn., 1992, on “Robert and Mary Reynolds of Boston, MA.”

            3. Christopher Banks, “The Winthrop Fleet of 1630’s “ (1930).

            4. Robert C. Anderson, “The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635,” Vol. VI, R-S, NEHGS, 2009, pp. 45-49.

            5. Boston Vital Records, 1630-1699, p. 70

            6. Family History Library (pedigree search for Robert, Mary and children; FHL Film No. 397.042 for Robert and Mary’s death dates), Salt Lake City, UT

            7. Torrey’s New England Marriages Before 1700

James R. Reynolds
4455 West 7th St.
Winona, MN 55987
507-454-5486