[Reynolds-L] Viking Ancestry

Doug Harris dharrisappraiser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:21:05 EST 2015

Hello All:

I have recently joined the group.  I was wondering if anyone has done any
research into the Viking ancestry of the Reynolds family.  According to one
of the Tillman books, the family claims descent from Grethferth the Dane.
According to my sources, Grethferth is actually Olaf Guthfrithson (aka
Amlaib mac Gofraid), who became the Viking king of Dublin in 934.  Also
based upon my sources, the Tillman information provided about Grethferth is
incorrect.  Although I have opinions about the identity of Grethferth, I do
not have substantiation.  If any members could shed some light it would be
helpful.

My information comes from the Crispin Cousins genealogy group, of which the
Harris family is a part and it also seems like the Reynolds family may be a
part also.  As such, the Reynolds family is part of the genealogy of
William the Conqueror, which goes back even further to Ragnar Lodbrock and
most of the Viking kings of Dublin, York, and the Danelaw.

I hope to hear from someone soon.