[Papyrus-L] migrating to Sente

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Tue Jun 14 15:09:09 EDT 2011

>One thought is that you might export via another program that

>accepts Papyrus and then move to BibTex from that program.

Actually, "another program" for this purpose would be the Mac version
of Papyrus.

You can easily move a Papyrus database from the PC to the Mac version
(instructions are in the Papyrus for Mac manuals), and the Mac
version of Papyrus has a fairly sophisticated export-to-BibTeX
feature.

The only challenge will be finding a Mac that can still run Papyrus,
which is a Classic app. That means the Mac cannot be running a
version of OS X newer than 10.4.

Alternatively, in the PC version of Papyrus you can create your own
BibTeX output format. It's a pretty straightforward task. (I might
have such a format lying around here somewhere, but I'm not sure how
easy it will be for me to dig it up.)

--
Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

Research Software Design The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
617 SW Hume Street
Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/