[Papyrus-L] Just checking on our list

Paul A. Deck pdeck at vt.edu
Wed Feb 16 15:03:38 EST 2011

Okay I get the fact that the Papyrus gave up long ago on development
into a Windows environment. But I wonder if there is still room for
development at the DOS level that could accomplish the same
goal. What I have in mind is the ability to do searches, text
extraction, etc., insertion of new records, etc. (in other words, the
major operations of the database) in batch mode from the command
line, with outputs and error messages going to simple text
files. I'm not a programmer, but that doesn't seem like it would
take much. Once that is in place, someone else might be able to put
together a windows-compatible front end that issues those commands to
the Papyrus engine and parses the output files back to the user. Is
this already possible? Possible in the future?

Paul