[Papyrus-L] Exporting Papyrus Reference numbers to EndNote format

Rodgers, John R jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Fri May 21 14:46:03 EDT 2010

Endnote numbers in order of entry, so if you export in numerical order and import into a fresh database you should be OK. Be careful though if you have missing records- you'd need to provide dummies to fill in any gaps.

You can also set it up so that Endnote imports the papyrus numbers as a special field, so that the new entries have two different identifiers- the endnote code and the old Papyrus code. This would be useful if you need to go into an existing Endnote database, or if you have lots of missing records.

John Rodgers

John R. Rodgers, Ph.D.
Room M803
Department of Pathology and Immunology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas 77030
713-798-3903
fax: 713-798-3700
jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu

~One can study only what one has first dreamed about. Science is formed rather on a reverie than on an experiment, and it takes a good many experiments to dispel the mists of the dream"

- Claude Bachelard,1938 "The Psychoanalysis of Fire", Beacon Press, p. 22 (Eng. translation by Alan Ross, 1964