[Papyrus-L] Converting Papyrus from Mac classic to new Macs

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Sun Aug 16 11:13:41 EDT 2009

Have you tried Bookends? http://www.sonnysoftware.com/
I'm still clinging to Papyrus under Classic (with all database
modifications going on in Papyrus for DOS), but people I trust advise
me that it is a good product. I bought it, and have been able to
import the database.
I don't use notecards, but it appears to handle them.
Raisa Deber

On 16-Aug-09, at 7:01 AM, Ann Greer wrote:

> Colleagues,

> I am running Papyrus in Mac Classic but hearing good things about

> Sente from a former Papyrus user--who, however, came to Sente by way

> of Endnote not directly. He finds Sente to offer many parallels to the

> Papyrus for PC that he warmly remembers. Has anyone uploaded a data

> base from Papyrus for Classic environment to Sente or any other

> current Mac bibliographic software? If yes, how does it handle the

> notecards?

> --

> Ann Lennarson Greer

> Professor of Sociology and Urban Studies

> University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

> Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413

> Office: 1-414-229-6944/4388

> Office fax: 1-414-229-4266

> Home Milwaukee: 414-351-1617

> Personal fax 1-440-297-0867

> London: 44-(0)20-7352-0243

> Email: agreer at uwm.edu

Raisa Deber, PhD
Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Director, CIHR Team in Community Care and Health Human Resources (www.teamgrant.ca
)
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street Suite 425