[Papyrus-L] Papyrus under Windows Vista

John Fennick jhf2 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 14 08:57:47 EDT 2009

Dave,

For what it's worth, I loaded VISTA on a new machine and Papyrus
installed and ran without a hitch.
I was skeptical because I had heard it did not work. I had Vista
Business 32 which conceivably made a difference.
I have since dumped that kludge VISTA and gone back to XP so I cannot
explore anything further.

john

At 04:40 AM 6/14/2009, you wrote:

>I don't have Vista on my computers here, so I'm curious if some of

>you who have had trouble running Papyrus under Vista could try this

>work-around and let me know if it helps:

>In the Windows "Properties" dialog for Papyrus, go to the

>"Compatibility" tab and select "Windows 95" compatibility mode.

>(For more information on compatibility modes, see

><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx>.)

>--

> Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

> Research Software Design The PAPYRUS Bibliography System

> 617 SW Hume Street

> Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

> Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com

> Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com

> Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/

John Fennick
jhf2 at bellsouth.net
alt: j.fennick at ieee.org