[Papyrus-L] Papyrus and Vista

Rodgers, John R. jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:14:39 EDT 2008

John,
I've been pretty happy with EndNote- which now houses the original 60,000 references from my Papyrus collection. The lastest version- X1 ("11") has a group feature that reproduces Papyrus' groups very nicely indeed. The Boolean logic of searches in EndNote is cludgey and seems slow, but works,
and the group feature allows you to quickly form new groups and then search within them.
The cost is quite reasonable, and you can get version 10 at Ebay at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Endnote works very nicely from within Word- if that is your word processor - not so well I think with WordPerfect.
-John Rodgers

John R. Rodgers, Ph.D.
Department of Immunology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas 77030
713-798-3903
fax: 713-798-3700
jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu

~Our knowledge is a torch of smoky pine ~
~That lights the pathway but one step ahead~
~ George Santayana "O World" ~
~ ...the future can offer you infinite joy ~
~ and merriment. ~
~ Experiment, and you'll see... ~
~ Cole Porter "Experiment" ~
~ "Four to six weeks in the lab can save ~
~ an hour in the library" ~
~ -George J. Quarderer (pers.comm. 2005)~
~ Dow Chemical Co. ~
~ and cited by HS Folger (1999) ~
~ Elements of Chem. Reaction Engineering~