[Papyrus-L] Word 2002

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 6 20:24:50 EDT 2007

Since text extract works from Papyrus, as long as you can save it
in a compatible form, it should work.
So you should be fine as long as you can save your files in Word
6/95. (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291337). So ask your
technical support to make sure they have the right converters.
Alternatively, the Mac version of Papyrus (8), works fine with Word
2004 for Mac and also can text extract other Word files from current
versions of Word for Windows. However, since it is a Classic
application, it would probably give problems on an Intel Mac.

Hope this helps.
Raisa Deber

On Sep 6, 2007, at 3:45 PM, Thomas Gill wrote:

> Has anyone had any success with getting Papyrus to work with Word

> 2002? Word 2000 is no longer supported by our network and will

> have to be uninstalled, sending me into a panic in terms of my

> ability to generate references for Word 2002 documents. Any

> assistance would be greatly appreciated.

> Regards,

> Tom Gill

> Thomas M. Gill, M.D.

> Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology & Investigative Medicine

> Yale University School of Medicine

> 20 York Street, TMP 17B

> New Haven, CT 06504

> Phone: (203) 688-3344 Fax: (203) 688-4209

> Email: thomas.gill at yale.edu

> This message originates from Yale New Haven Health System. The

> information contained in this message may be privileged and

> confidential. If you are the intended recipient you must maintain

> this message in a secure and confidential manner. If you are not

> the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and

> destroy this message. Thank you.

Raisa Deber, PhD
Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Director, CIHR Team in Community Care and Health Human Resources
(www.teamgrant.ca)
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street Suite 425
Toronto, ON M5T 3M6