[Papyrus-L] Migration from Papyrus

Rodgers, John R. jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Fri Apr 13 07:12:53 EDT 2007

Richard's comments point up a difficulty for those of us who co-author or otherwise shared e-texts. This is the same problem that made me give up WordPerfect- no one else in my circle uses it. Searching using Endnote is a problem for me because I have a very large database, but it is no problem
for the students I teach who for the most part have small databases. Similarly, when I co-author I need to use a common reference managing program. I imagine that many of those who have managed to hang on to using Papyrus are sole authors.?

John R. Rodgers, Ph.D.
Department of Immunology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas 77030
713-798-3903
fax: 713-798-3700

Personally I use Emacs both for writing the documents and for
manipulating the BibTeX files but there are Java based programs that
will do it.

Of course, it does require learning LaTeX, but its much better than
using Word anyway, IMHO

Richard Fieldsend