[Papyrus-L] Saga of a Papyrus data conversion

Jan Herrmann jan.herrmann at cetacea.de
Sun Oct 29 12:54:58 EST 2006

Dear  Papyrus friends,

have you considered running a Mac on your Windows system?

Maybe running Papyrus for Macintosh in a Mac emulator could be a more
satisfying experience than switching to another bibliography
application.

Searching the internet I could find two Mac Emulators for Windows:

SoftMac
http://www.emulators.com/

PearPC - PowerPC Architecture Emulator
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

I don't know how well they work and if there are more available.
There are of course a bunch of questions when thinking about to use
them.

Do they support drag and drop or at least copy and paste from the Mac
window to the Windows window?

Do they allow printing?

Is the Papyrus for Macintosh support for RTF text files (pure text
files or TeX, LaTeX) good enough for you? All the other supported
applications are older or Mac specific (Microsoft Word (Versions 5,
6, and 98), WordPerfect (Version 3.x), and Nisus Writer (Version
5.x)).

I used the classic Papyrus for some years and then switched to
Papyrus for Macintosh which is a very nice further development of the
classic Papyrus and is still in many aspects far ahead of the
competitors. Because Apple switched to Intel processors and is
abandoning the well working classic environment in Mac OS X on
PowerPCs I have to start thinking of an emulator solution on the Mac
as well. But it seems there is one in development.

If you want to try the emulator way and need help in organizing ROM
images or other Mac stuff, I just want to let you know that I could
try helping with that.

Maybe this could be an option for you,

Jan Herrmann