[Papyrus-L] Filter

w.t.l.jr at juno.com w.t.l.jr at juno.com
Sat Oct 28 10:24:27 EDT 2006

I have been seeking a solution to a similar problem: moving a large database from an older computer with Windows 98 to a newer one with Windows XP. I tried e-mailing the large INDX.BIB file from the old to the new computer, and it was apparently received OK with the full file size. But when I try to access it with the recent Papyrus download on the new computer, Papyrus does not seem to recognize that it is there in the PAP folder. (All the other, smaller files were moved earlier via floppy disks to the PAP  folder in the new machine.)
Question: Does the e-mail process somehow alter the INDX.BIB file so that Papyrus doesn't recognize it?  If so, how can this be corrected or prevented?
I know that I could put that file on a CD, but I cannot find an external CD burner that will work with both the early Windows 98 (not 98  SE) and XP. If anyone can help me with my problem, maybe they can help you too.
Bill Lindsay   w.t.l.jr at juno.com